01 - Melancholy Jazz
The top twenty things that stir my soul...
02 - Mateship
03 - Travel (Micro and Macro and Armchair)
04 - Wind and Spring Rain and Soft Grey Days
05 - Gravel Paths
06 - Gardens (Formal, Botanical, Gone Wild)
07 - Expansive and Supportive People
08 - Bushrangers & Bushwhackers & Black Trackers
09 - India (Inconceivable...)
10 - Japan (Culture and History and Madness)
11 - British Raj Architecture and Art Deco
12 - Wayfaring and Pacific Culture
13 - Taxis and Tales and Life on the Road
14 - Rastafari
15 - Sufi Islam
16 - Sikhi
17 - Good Food and Fine Drink
18 – Documentaries and Living History
19 - Piratical Tall Tales
20 - Bond, James Bond - 007
As you know, I think way to much about all sorts of crap.
Well, I've finally come up with what my life path is...
I'm a professional tourist !!!
- I have a vast and varied and broad range of general knowledge.
- I know nothing of any real depth.
- I love to always be on the move or I'm reading about other people that are on the move.
- I'll try any new food or drink without demurring.
- I find watching documentaries relaxing.
- I can pick where almost any moive has been filmed just by watching the background scenery.
- I love to write and chat to people about travelling about. Anytime. All the time too.
- I can spend weeks planing a weekend away. And I don't see it as a waste of time.
- I'm happiest when I’m wandering, either in a foreign land or just down to the shops for some bread & milk.
- Nothing ever holds my interest for long, a week or two at most, then it's on to something new.
- I may come back to an old interest, but it's just a quick revisit, nothing more.
So you see, I'm a professional tourist!
"Don't take life too seriously... no one gets out alive anyway"
"Life is too short to stay at home."